Neighbors, please be on the lookout for the Bloomingdale Civic Association Historic Designation survey postcard. The postcards must be returned with a postmark no later than Thursday, January 25, 2018. There are resources highlighted on the postcard if you’re interested in learning more about the possibility of historic designation.
Just a few points of clarification:
1. The BCA has not yet taken a position on historic designation.
2. The application that has been filed for historic designation was not filed by the BCA.
3. The purpose of the survey is to inform the BCA’s (and hopefully the ANC’s) decision as we establish a position on the application for historic designation.
4. The survey vendor will calculate the results of the survey and the results will be announced at a BCA meeting. The membership will discuss the results and determine the historic designation issues the BCA will vote on during the following meeting. *Please do not wait until the final vote to participate in the discussions leading up to the vote.*
5. In order to vote in BCA meetings you must be a paid member and your dues must have been paid as of our last meeting or 30 days before the meeting in which you intend to vote, whichever is more recent.
6. The next BCA meeting will be Monday, January 22nd at 7pm at St. George's Episcopal Church (160 U Street, NW).
7. Each postcard mailed from the vendor has a unique QR Code.
Below is a sample of the BCA Historic Designation survey postcard: